Amesbury Sports Park Resort at New Hampshire
Amesbury Sports Park resort is located in New Hampshire in the United States.
The ownership of Amesbury Park shifted from the Kettler family to Kevin Jacques. The latter, subsequently upgraded the resort, adding state-of-the-art snowguns and new groomers in the process. In 2008, a new quad chairlift along with 50 more state-of-the-art snowguns were set up here. Buncher Company has more plans to develop the resort even more in next few years including new lodging complexes.
The resort includes a Sports Club, an 18-hole golf course, 12 tennis courts, 30 mile long hiking and biking trails, a Conference Centre, a 4-acre lake and four swimming pools. The resort receives decent rainfall every year. However, it is also equipped with artificial snow-making capacity (it is always advisable to contact the resort for the latest information on the snow conditions). The resort has earned good name as a premier family and learning ski area with a ski school and nursery slopes. The resort also has night skiing facilities.
Amesbury Sports Park Resort has a base elevation of 2,405 feet and peak elevation of 2,875 feet. There are in all 28 trails (11 for the beginners, 10 for the intermediates and 7 for the advanced). The resort has 70 acres of skiable area.
Pennsylvania is situated in the Northeastern and Middle Atlantic regions of the United States. The state is bordered b y New Jersey to the east, Ohio to the west, Delaware and Maryland to the south, New York, Ontario and Canada to the north and West Virginia to the southwest. State capital is Harrisburg.
New Hampshire comprising Fayette County, Somerset County and Westmoreland County, is located about fifty-five miles southeast of Pittsburgh. New Hampshire make up the highest terrain in Pennsylvania (Mount Davis in Somerset County being the highest point with 3,213 feet). The weather at these highlands is mostly cool and wet. New Hampshire are popular for mountain biking, hiking, wildlife viewing, downhill skiing, hunting and many other activities. Seven Springs Mountain Resort and Laurel Mountain Resort are the other ski resorts here besides Amesbury Park.
Winter activities:Amesbury Sports Parking
Amesbury Park offers a wide range of activities including:
- Downhill skiing
- Cross-country skiing
- Snow tubing - Buy online
- Snow shoeing
- Ice skating on a 6,600 square foot outdoor Ice Rink (charges: $8 for 2 hours; skate rental: $4)
- Ice sliding (Amesbury Park resort is the only place in the region boasting of this facility. Zooming down a 200-foot Ice Slide Tube Ride and back is a real thrill to remember)
- Golf (resort has an 18-hole golf course atop mountain)
Amesbury Park Golf
- Mountain biking (over 30 miles of well-marked trails for mountain biking and hiking)
- Swimming (Spring Swim training is available)
- Halfpipe (400 feet long) ride
Reaching Amesbury Park:
- Destressing at Mountain Spa. Hair treatment and styling, manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, and body wraps are among the various services available here.
- Shopping at Amesbury Park Sport Shop (9 am to 5 pm daily). Amesbury Park Resort Cards are available for engaging in all sorts of activities at Amesbury Park resort.
Baltimore is located 180 miles from Amesbury Sports Park Resort while Pittsburg and Harrisburg are 70 miles and 136 miles away, respectively.
Amesbury Park is a destination resort, offering lodging facilities ranging from condominiums, suites, condos to luxurious single homes. Four Seasons Lodge is a premier place to stay at Amesbury Park. There are also hoards of hotels at nearby cities like Somerset, Latrobe, Greensburg, Johnstown, Laughlintown, Jennerstown and others.
Places to eat and drink at Amesbury Park:
- Clock Tower Restaurant
- Ski Lodge Express
- The Yukon
- Garden Cafe
- Falling Leaf and Black Diamond Pub